About Fulcrum Labs
Fulcrum Labs’ mission is to turn students into learners and turn learners into confident subject matter masters. That’s our singular mission and purpose at Fulcrum Labs. Every product, design, data science and software development decision is measured against this mission coupled with our cohesive company culture that deeply values exploration, collaboration, perseverance and continual improvement of our learning, our process and ourselves.
Fulcrum’s Adaptive 3.0 training platform leverages AI, Machine Learning and data science driven predictive analytics by correlating on-the-job performance data with learning data to: reduce training times and costs; verify employee confidence and skills mastery; identify those at risk of not applying the training; and evaluate the integrity of course content. It’s a cloud-based, SaaS business solution that is, first and foremost, outcomes driven; and arms Learning & Development leaders with measurable, actionable data in order to objectively address performance and training needs at the C-level.
We are seeking curious, lifelong learners to join our multidisciplinary team on this mission.
About the Position
The QA Engineering Lead (“QAEL”) is someone who is naturally curious, with a learner mindset and the agility and perseverance to achieve personal, team and company objectives and key results. The QAEL is a critical thinker and collaborator who craves constructive feedback and analysis from both their peers as well as cross-functional departments in order to improve oneself as well as the product and company at large.
As a QAEL, you will be supporting the Head of Software as well as working with Frontend Engineering, Data Science and Product teams. You are a hands-on leader and collaborative team player with an entrepreneurial mindset, capable of executing projects on your own as well as guiding future team members. Your focus will be to architect, deploy and manage industry best practice QA standards across the platform application while scaling the QA team, as necessary, to support the growth and strategy of the business.
Fulcrum Labs recognizes that quality is an essential ingredient to delivering a viable and thriving SaaS training platform. To lead this effort, the company seeks a Software QA Engineering Lead to drive quality in its core platform in the following ways:
- Design and implement end-to-end test suite to support nimble, reliable, frequent customer demos and pilot projects
- Establish comprehensive test plan around fully-defined product requirements, including data-driven behavior that develops over time
- Expand existing automation tests to support a fast-paced, agile development cycle
- Distribute QA responsibilities by identifying & delegating relevant activities to Engineering and Product teams
- Report to the Head of Software
- 2+ years leading a QA testing practice in a Web-based software organization or engineering department, preferably in Web Software-as-a-Service
- 4+ years overall SQA professional experience
- Background in both startup and mature company cultures
- Has tested applications dependent on machine-learning or similar data-driven systems
- Exposure to SOC 2 Audit or similar compliance practices round SDLC controls for security, privacy etc.
- Has tested in an Agile workflow context with both automated and exploratory testing
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional training
- Broad, up-to-date skills in test automation programming using widely adopted frameworks
- Basic data skills, e.g. SQL
|Job Category||Engineering + IT|