About Fulcrum Labs
Fulcrum Labs’ mission is to turn students into learners and turn learners into confident subject matter masters. Every product, design, data science and software development decision is measured against this mission coupled with our cohesive company culture that deeply values exploration, collaboration, perseverance and continual improvement of our learning, our process and ourselves. We are seeking intellectually curious, lifelong learners to join our multidisciplinary team on this mission.
Fulcrum’s Adaptive 3.0 training platform leverages AI, Machine Learning and data science driven predictive analytics by correlating on-the-job performance data with learning data to: reduce training times and costs; verify employee confidence and skills mastery; identify those at risk of not applying the training; and evaluate the integrity of course content. It’s a cloud-based, SaaS business solution that is, first and foremost, outcomes driven; and arms Learning & Development leaders with measurable, actionable data in order to objectively address performance and training needs at the C-level.
The Client Success Manager (“CSM”) is someone naturally curious, with a learner mindset and the agility and perseverance to achieve company, team and personal goals. The CSM is intrinsically excited to develop a deep understanding and relationship of each client’s unique needs and outcomes, and serve as the champion advocate to get things done on behalf of the client while focusing on the bigger picture – extending the customer lifetime value at Fulcrum.
As CSM, you will be working collaboratively with executive leadership, Sales, Marketing and Product. You are a hands-on leader and collaborative team player with an entrepreneurial mindset, capable of executing projects on your own as well as guiding and coaching future team members. Your focus will be to deliver a best-in-class customer service experience in the adaptive learning market, while retaining customers year over year, ensuring renewals, and developing creative means to increase business through existing and new offerings.
The CSM is a critical thinker and collaborator who craves data analysis from the likes of Zendesk, Salesforce and Google Analytics (among others) to better refine and iterate on future successes, all measured through Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
Customers are at the heart of everything we do, and our organizational structure reflects just that — you’ll report directly to our CEO (or his appointees).
CSM will be responsible for the following segments:
Onboarding and Customer Journey
- Define, deploy, systematize, and scale a consistent customer on-boarding journey
- Define and execute Fulcrum’s vision of a “Four Seasons-like” customer experience
- Define and oversee customer lifecycle processes and touch points including onboarding, escalation, renewals, upsells, health checks and customer advocacy while always making it better through iterative improvements
- Gather feedback from other departments to improve the customer experience and be an expert on best practices to effect change management
- Create and build training courses inside Fulcrum’s platform to onboard and train new Customers as well as existing customers with new product benefits and enhancements
- Update, improve and maintain Fulcrum’s online Knowledge Center ensuring all resources are accurate and easy to find for our customers
- Evaluate and identify opportunities to iterate continuous improvement of the customer journey
- Track and measure key metrics to reduce the time to onboard and get customers to adopt and use the product sooner
Customer Advocacy and Driving Value
- Be the voice and advocate on behalf of the customer back to Fulcrum
- Become an expert of Fulcrum’s platform services and benefits to drive true value for customers while finding ways to deeply understand our customers’ objectives and become a trusted right-hand advisor
- Determine how to define, drive, and measure the value (ROI) delivered to each specific customer reinforcing their purchasing decision
- Collaborate with Product to create account escalation policy and framework to ensure customer tickets are addressed timely and efficiently with internal cross-functional resources
- Develop, manage and maintain client success best practices through various automated tools such as Zendesk, Salesforce and others in order to systematize and automate everything from billing and on-boarding through bug tickets and renewals.
- Conduct periodic health checks to obviate near & midterm issues and take effective steps address unsatisfied customers before it becomes a problem
- Create and build training courses for Fulcrum employees or contractors to learn and apply Fulcrum’s award winning customer service practices
- Develop and promote a Fulcrum-wide definition of the “Ideal Customer”
- Develop and deploy a Fulcrum-wide culture of Client Success in order to make it a core competency
Customer Lifetime Value: Adoption, Retention, Renewals and Upsells
- Responsible for executing renewals and upsells while consulting with Sales and Marketing
- Define the key metrics and drivers to measure and extend the customer lifetime value
- Track and measure near-, mid- and long-term customer adoption and engagement ensuring widespread use of the platform
- Understand and become an expert on each customer’s Desired Outcomes in order to promote specific product features and benefits
- Identify and nurture client ambassadors who can lobby for new business within their organization, promote Fulcrum to their contemporaries and participate in case studies, white papers, etc.
- Work with Product to market new features and benefits to existing customers based on their specific Desired Outcomes
- Work with Sales to ensure contract renewals, upsell opportunities and any other contractual obligations or events are logged and notified through Salesforce
- Own and be accountable for key metrics including but not limited to: gross dollar renewal rate; up-sell dollars; habits to product adoption metrics; deployment time; NPS (or equivalent satisfaction metrics); cost to ARR ratio, revenues of premier support & success, employee NPS & team member satisfaction; churn and retention rates.
- Get customers addicted to Fulcrum’s actionable information and dashboards
- Create an exclusive customer committee that gives our ambassadors a voice in new features and benefits to Fulcrum
Support Sales & Marketing
- Define CSM alignment and handoff during sales cycle
- Conduct demos to prospects and customers on the value, differentiators and ins & outs of the Fulcrum’s platform including its Content Management System (CMS)
- Present monthly and quarterly Client Success presentations to executive leadership, Product, Sales and Marketing, including strategy, effectiveness, best practices and change management
- Be the ears and voice of the “outside world” delivering market intelligence, competitive analysis, customer insights, etc back to Sales and Marketing
- Develop client success project plans while justifying initiatives with sound business cases, including ROI assessment and monitoring measurable outcomes
- Create and utilize rubrics to effectively determine Client Success priorities and OKR alignment
- Help define future CSM team member roles and personal-level OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) that align with Company, Sales, Marketing and Product OKRs
- Collaborate with clients and Marketing to research, develop and draft white papers and case studies
- 3+ years of enterprise level customer service preferably in SaaS (Software as a Service) markets
- An entrepreneurial and crafty mindset valuing the importance of being nimble and agile in a growth stage company where priorities can change frequently
- Experience and love for all things data, including solid working knowledge of Zendesk, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Excel, Tableau, etc with the ability to derive customer service insights from data
- No fear picking up the phone and calling customers, no matter the issue
- Strong, succinct organizational, written and verbal communication and presentation skills to peers, leadership and customers
- Conflict management skills, including the ability to work with and resolve conflicting priorities and requirements with multiple stakeholders
- Own the financial model for your team, including projections of costs and new hires, and forecasts of renewal and upsell rates
- Comfortable with 5-10% travel to visit with customers in person.
|Job Category||Customer Success|